News update Covid-19 (31-07-21): Sorce:
For Pcr tests check:
Fast antigen test:
– Decathlon Faro
– Pharmacy’s on apointment
MAINLAND Portugal ALLOWED (Essential and non-essential travel) Countries of the European Union, Schengen Associated countries (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland), Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, China, South Korea, United States of America, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Montenegro, New Zealand, Qatar, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, Ukraine and special admnistrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao RT-PCR Test (or similar NAAT test) – 72h before boarding, or Rapid Antigen Test – 48h before boarding, or a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate Children under 12 do not need to present test. All passengers need to fill a Passenger Locator Card (individually) before departure to Portugal or on board at https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-card
Phase 1 –End of curfew (1 August) End of curfews for circulation on the public roads; Sporting events with an audience will be allowed (with rules to be defined by the DGS); Cultural shows will be allowed with 66% of the capacity; Weddings and christenings will be allowed with a capacity of 50%; Amusement parks may start operating again according to DGS rules, in a place authorized by the municipality; Telework goes from mandatory to recommended, when activities allow it. In this phase, bars and nightclubs remain closed and popular festivals and pilgrimages are still not allowed to take place. The prohibition of alcohol on public roads will remain in place for the coming weeks. António Costa says this restriction serves to “discourage gatherings” in the streets.
Phase 2 – End of mask use on public roads (early September) End of compulsory masking on public roads; Weddings and christenings 75% of full capacity; Cultural shows with 75% of the capacity; Public transport with no capacity limit; Public services without prior booking.
Phase 3 – Reopening of bars and nightclubs (October) Here bars and discotheques will open – with the need to present a digital certificate and a negative test: “In this phase it will then be possible for bars and nightclubs to reopen”, said António Costa, who added that clients will have to present the digital certificates and tests that are already requested in restaurants. Also at this stage restaurants will no longer have limitations on the capacity of their spaces. “Up to now there has been no variant in which vaccines have not allowed us to control its impact and reduce its harmfulness. When we compare the current wave with the one in January, this is very clear. We should proceed and accelerate to complete the vaccination process. Until then, the greatest discipline among all of us, mask use and physical distance. Have confidence that the vaccination process will win the race to mutate the virus. We will stop making the association of measures adopted weekly according to the evolution of the matrix, it is not justified at this stage with this rate of vaccination, but we will take into account the different warning signs”, said the Prime Minister. The Government PowerPoint translated into English by Safe Communities Portugal is here.
*When you flight arrives from Holland there will be no need for 14 day’s of quarantine anymore.
*Kleur code’s reizen binnen Europa:
*Documents to fill in up on arrival in Portugal, see links down:
https://travel.sef.pt/Forms/Form.aspx More information about corona laws check: https://www.safecommunitiesportugal.com/ https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-card
*We will try to keep you informed on our website. For questions and more info please contact us.
*Please keep in mind that this is just additional information. We are not responsible for any wrong or incorrect information on our website. People are responsible to inform the official websites of the governments.
Here our tips and tricks, these are websites and places that we recommend from our own experience. Hopefully, they are useful to you.
Spain: Here wild camping tends to be tolerated. The regions bordering Portugal are very beautiful and reachable. It’s an experience we recommend to consider…
Legal information about camping with a camper (Portuguese only. Tip, use google translate):
- An important app that is very useful for wild camping is park4night here you can find the most beautiful places and useful information for spending the night on a camp spot. Also, you will find info about: refill water, throw away wastewater, experiences, and much more. Highly recommended for the happy camper;)
Public transport and shuttle company:
- for the train, times check www.cp.pt
- for a shuttle service check www.yellowfishtransfers.com
Weather and surf:
- www.magicseaweeds.com for surf reports.
- Boomfestival www.boomfestival.org
- sines festival www.fmmsines.pt
- andancas www.andancas.net
- meo sudoeste www.sudoeste.meo.pt
- mad festival www.festivalmed.pt
- rock in rio lisboa www.rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt
Surf rental :
- We rent surf materials, check surf rentals for more info.
- Rota vincentina: en.rotavincentina.com
- Walk algarve: www.walkalgarve.com
- tasca do celso: www.tascadocelso.com
- roca mar:
- azenha do mar facebook: Restaurante A Azenha do Mar – Nova Gerência
- sitio do forno carrapateira : check google fot location
- Lagos restaurant por do sol: check google
- Lagos restaurant a barrigada: www.restauranteabarrigada.pt
- Armacao de pera a lota: check google
- Armacao de pera estrella do mar: check google
- Monchique/Foia Luar da Foia: check google